With the workshops and 1:1's I do with individuals and companies about Facebook alot of myth's crop up. Here are my top 3 Facebook Myth's:
- I can't keep my personal profile and business profile separate: FALSE - Since Facebook have upped their game and started to clamp down on security issues it is much easier to keep your personal and business page profile completely seperate. You always log in as you under your own personal account but if you then pop onto your business page you will see a button on the right hand side which say's 'Use Facebook as .... (and your business name)' This button allows you to switch using Facebook as your business. This is a really good tool which enables you to interact better with businesses meaning you can then reply to posts under your business name and also 'like' other business pages as your business and not yourself.
- I don't know what to write about? Many clients that I come across struggle to think of thing's to write on their business page wall. There are a number of things you can write about and here are a few of my own suggestions:
- Latest news within your business, including new products or services
- Special Offers
- Testimonials you receive from existing customers
- New photo's of products/services
- Links to articles found on outside sources that are relevant
- and much more! If you get stuck look at other pages for ideas
It is important that you keep your business page full of information and active, and by doing so I would recommend posting daily otherwise your will find fans will start to unfollow you.
TOP TIP: Try and link pages from your website when talking about any products/services by copying and pasting the link into your update as this will drive extra traffic to your website.
3. I don't have the time - Keeping your page active takes less time than you think. Every day I will post something new to my business page wall, which takes approximately 30 seconds. If I am out all day I tend to keep a check on my phone but if I have meetings all day and I can't do this then I will login for approximately 10 minutes in the evening to respond to any questions etc. Therefore, I probably spend an average 15 minutes a day but this is all about marketing and using Facebook as a free platform to grow your business. Just remember even a few minutes a day can increase your brand awareness via Facebook and boost your business sales.
Anymore questions? Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Written by Laura Morris